Before Submitting Your Application
The call to JVC can come at any time. Be ready to hear it.
- Participate in service or immersion trips.
- Make a commitment to volunteer at a local organization.
- Seek out a faith community or group on your campus or in your hometown.
Do Your Research
- There are many post-graduate service programs. Do your research to make sure JVC is the right program for you. The Catholic Volunteer Network is an excellent place to start learning more.
- Talk to friends, family, and other people who have committed to full-time service--hear their stories and ask questions.
Applying to JVC is a multi-step process. Use this handy timeline to prepare your application packet.
August – November
- Begin thinking more intentionally about the type of program you would like. Are you interested in one or two years of service? Are you interested in community living or being more independent? Are you looking for a faith-based program?
- Review this website and read as much as you can about the program and JVC's mission and values.
- Reach out to a recruiter. Look at the recruiting calendar to see when a recruiter will be visiting your area. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Talk to a Former Jesuit Volunteer, campus minister, career services advisor, or mentor.
- Pray and listen to your heart.
- Applications will be available online.
- Review the application. Read the essay prompts. Think about who will serve as your references.
November – December
If you haven't already, create an online profile. Begin your application. The deadline for the international program and first round with the domestic program is January 16, 2013. The deadline for the second round with the domestic program is March 12, 2013.
- Remember, with the holidays, you may need to plan some time to contact your references and gather your documents.
- Talk with your references. Remind them of the submission deadline.
Request an official copy of your college or university transcript and ask that it be sent directly to JVC.
Attn: 2013 Applications
801 Saint Paul St
Baltimore, MD 21202
- If you are applying to the international program, set up an appointment with your doctor for an examination to complete the required medical clearance form.
- Write your essays thoughtfully and honestly.
- Update your resume.
- Finalize your application.
- Go through the application checklist to make sure your application is complete, including the application form, essays, resume, and medical clearance (international only). Also, be sure to follow up with your references to make sure they are also aware of the deadline.
- If you have questions, call JVC at 410-244-1733 or email email@example.com. We are here to help.
- Remember, the first-round deadline for the domestic program and the ONLY deadline for the international program is January 16, 2013. The second-round deadline for the domestic program is March 12, 2013.
January - May
- Interviewing and placement process is underway.
After Submitting Your Application
- Breathe. Pray. Listen.
- You will receive an email from JVC within a week of the application deadline.
- JVC staff spend time reviewing all of your application materials and preparing for a phone interview. Spend some time reviewing the interview materials.
- If more than two weeks pass and you have not heard from our team, call JVC at 410-244-1733.
- Review the interview and placement process to learn about next steps.