International Discernment Weekends
Discernment weekends (DWE) are an important element of the application and interview process for an international placement. The DWE is a time for invited applicants and JVC staff to get to know one another and provide a forum for information and discussion regarding the international program.
The type of relationship and commitment one is invited to as an international JV is both a tremendous gift and responsibility. Both JVC staff and applicants are called to honestly and prayerfully explore together if this is the right time in one’s life for such a commitment and if JVC is the type of program that best fits one’s call to service overseas.
Below, you will find more information about discernment weekends. Please take time to download, read, and review all relevant documents prior to attending.
Invited applicants, we are excited to meet you in person at an upcoming DWE!
DWE informational & logistical packet (please download & bring with you)
- Washington, D.C.- March 1-2, 2014
- Santa Clara- March 8-9, 2014
- Washington, D.C.- March 15-16, 2014
- Chicago- March 15-16, 2014
Documents to Complete and Bring to DWE
- Medical/mental health release form. Please print this form and bring it with you to your DWE, as well as any information you would need to complete the form.
- Expectations Quiz: fill this out in advance of DWE.
- Service Interest Form: begin reviewing. You will fill out & turn in during DWE.
Also please review once more the documents linked on the Interviewing Page, including the International Handbook; Screening & Placement Timeline; Discernment Is/Is Not; and Asking Critical Questions documents.
Additional Resources to Review (you do not need to bring these with you to DWE but we hope you’ll be able to bring your reflections on them to our conversations)