Former Jesuit Volunteers help us in so many ways with key projects and programs. The staff at JVC wish to thank the following people for sharing their time and talents.
Serve as Support People
These FJVs are support people for current JVs in their communities.
- Cecelia Aguilar-Ortize (San Juan '92) in Tucson, Arizona.
- Laura Ricca Brazil (San Antonio '01) and Ben Brazil (McAllen '01) in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cortney Christensen (JVC Northwest: Tacoma '02) in Kansas City. Cortney took the community camping and spent some time with the JVs over the holidays.
- Matt DeBoer (New Orleans '08) in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Monica Frazier (Lowell '98) in Austin, Texas.
- Patrick Gilday, SJ (Syracuse '00) in Detroit, Michigan.
- Michael Hickey (Buffalo '94) in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Catherine (Archer) Joseph (Brooklyn '85) in San Antonio, Texas.
- Eric Leefe (San Francisco '07) in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- James McDermott (Sacramento '95, Los Angeles '96) in Austin, Texas.
- Katie Pyron (Mobile '06) in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Shannon Quinn-Sheeran (JVC Northwest '92) in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Cindy Schmersal (Detroit '02) in Kansas City. She has joined the JVs for community night and even taken them on a camping trip.
- Hillary Searle (Boston '08) in Houston, Texas.
- Sara Seghezzo (San Antonio '09) in Tucson, Arizona.
- Maggie Steele (Oakland '07) in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Christine Wiegman (Houston '84) in Houston, Texas.
Help with retreats
These FJVs presented, led prayer, cooked, facilitated planning, provided transportation, or otherwise assisted JVC at one of the many JV retreats that take place throughout the year.
- Jackie Beale-Delvecchio (Appalachia '91, '92) and Pete Delvecchio (Chicago '93) presented on community at the JV orientation organized by the Houston Program Office.
- Caroline Burns (Micronesia '09) assisted during the JV orientation organized by the International Program Office with transporation, daily Masses, and being an FJV helper to the incoming JVs.
- Erica Carroll (Los Angeles '08, '09) assisted with the dis-orientation retreat for JVs organized by the Santa Clara Program Office by being on-hand for staff needs and helping JVs with transportation.
- Joe Cussen (Phoenix '06) has presented on boundaries and relationships for several years at the JV orientation organized by the Santa Clara Program Office. He also helps in the kitchen and wherever else he's needed.
- Dan Daly and Kate McBride Daly (JVC Northwest: Bend '00) presented at the JV orientation organized by the International Program Office. Dan's topic was Catholic social teaching, Kate's was on searching for vocation.
- Kevin Deegan Krause (Chicago '91), with his wife, Bridget, presented at the dis-orientation organized for the JVs by the Detroit Program Office.
- Jack Doyle (San Diego '09) stayed at the airport all day to welcome new JVs to the Bay Area and also presented on community at orientation organized by the Santa Clara Program Office.
- Beth Glauber (Syracuse '03, JVC Northwest: Ashland) lead JVs in morning prayer at orientation organized by the International Program Office.
- Katy Heeren-Mueller (New Orleans '04, Milwaukee '05) spoke about the trials and joys of intentional community during the Day of Reflection in New Orleans.
- Beth Hougas (Detroit '10) assisted with transporation for the JVs and delivering meals during the Cleveland/Detroit Day of Reflection.
- Bobby Johnsen (San Francisco '09) helped welcome new JVs to the Bay Area during the orientation organized by the Santa Clara Program Office.
- Jill Kress (Detroit '99) made soup for the Cleveland and Detroit JVs during their Day of Reflection.
- Colleen Lee (Hartford '06) presented on community during the Day of Reflection for the JVs in Mobile.
- Gisella Mendizabal (Detroit '07) presented on spirituality at the JV orientation organized by the Detroit Program Office.
- Christa Morse (Peru '07) led a prayer at the JV orientation organized by the International Program Office.
- Andree Patron (San Jose '04) cooked meals again at the JV orientation organized by the Santa Clara Program Office. She has been a faithful supporter of the kitchen for many JV retreats.
- Nate Prorok (Peru '08), Christen Reardon (Tanzania '08), and Patrick Reynolds (Nicaragua '08) shared their experiences with the JVs during orientation organized by the International Program Office.
- Dan Robb (Peru '06) led a prayer at the International Program Office orientation.
- Lori Ryan Neale (San Diego '96, Cleveland '97) presented on simple living at the JV orientation organized by the Detroit Program Office.
- Kristen Schenk (Belize '08) participated in a community panel during the JV orientation organized by the Baltimore Program Office.
- Matt Smith (San Jose '01) has helped the staff of the Santa Clara Program Office for five years with retreats as head chef and with other tasks as needed.
- Tyler Wellman (Micronesia '09) shared his experience with the incoming JVs during orientation organized by the International Program Office.
- Matt Wooters (Belize '09) assisted at the International Program Office orientation with transportation, coordinating daily Masses, and accompanying the JVs.
Assisted with Recruiting
These FJVs represented JVC at a post-graduate service event, information session, roundtable, or other recruiting program on a local college or campus.
- Rachelle Arciaga (Philadelphia '09) at Catholic University.
- Marianne Bellesorte (Atlanta '01) at Swathemore College.
- Haleigh Bolton (Ashland '08) at St. Edward's University.
- Tara Clerkin (Hartford '10) at Fordham University.
- Beth Ford (Tanzania '00) at St. Joseph's University.
- Monica Frazier (Lowell '98) at St. Edward's University.
- Matt Fullmer (Sacramento '00) at St. Joseph's University.
- Justine Javier (Raleigh '08, Harlem '09) at Catholic University.
- Jen McCann (Camden '05) at Rhode Island School of Design.
- Brian McCullough (Santa Clara '09) at Fordham University.
- Aly Parma (Camden '10) at Fairfield University.
- Angela (Burton) Vogel (San Francisco '04) at Creighton University.
- Elessa Young (San Francisco '08) at Case Western Reserve University.
Extended Hospitality to Recruiters
These FJVs opened their homes to recruiters as they passed through town.
- Megan Bell (Micronesia '08) in Portland, Oregon.
- Renee Berlon (Detroit '07) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Lindsey Dvorak (New Orleans '10) in Seattle, Washington.
- Mary Eilenfeldt (Mobile '10) in Denver, Colorado.
- Jenny Heil (Sacramento '10) in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Katie Iannacone Longto (Portland '03, Philadelphia '04) in Puyallup, Washington.
- Kathy O'Keefe (Albuquerque '82) in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Annie Selak (Detroit '05) in South Bend, Indiana.
- Emily Sumner (Mobile '10) in Hudson, Ohio.
- Emily Weiss (Belize '08) in Detroit.
Shared Professional Expertise
These FJVs shared their professional skills with JVC or JVs.
- Anne Amis (Houston '95, '96) gave a presentation on simplicity at the JV orientation organized by the Houston Program Office.
- Mary Kay Barron Gawne (Belize '89) gave a presentation at orientation with the International Program Office on physical health techniques, providing tips for keeping healthy in a tropical environment.
- Trevor Bonat (Micronesia '96) and his wife, Stephanie, presented a full-day workshop on teaching at the International Program Office's orientation.
- Matt Carriker (Belize '01, Haiti '02) led JVs in different prayer techniques at orientation with the International Program Office.
- Paul Fugelsang (Peru '96) led a one-day workshop on counseling. Paul has also been available for counseling via Skype to international JVs.
- Mary Pat Gillin (Dallas '87) helped to vet proposals from bidding firms for JVC's branding campaign.
- Kathy Sullivan-Maher (Troy '84) presented on Ignatian spirituality accompanied by an actor portraying St. Ignatius during the International Program Office's orientation.
- Sr. Jeana Visel, OSB, (Chicago '01, '02) presented on social justice during orientation organized by the Detroit Program Office.
From JV to Placement Site Staff
These FJVs are now supervising current JVs as placement site administrators.
- Robert Betancourt (Los Angeles '96) at Open Door Mission in Houston, Texas.
- Sara Brown (Houston '07) at Bering Omega in Houston, Texas
- Lesly D'Ambola (San Jose '82) at St. Luke's Medica Center in Camden, New Jersey.
- Cara Magrane (San Antonio '93) at Respite Care of San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas.
These FJVs help JVs feel at home in their JV cities.
- Julie Gilbert (Syracuse '08) helped organized local orientation for the JVs in Syracuse.
- Brian McCabe (JVC Northwest: Juneau '06, Philadelphia '07) coordinated local orientation for the JVs in Philadelphia and shared his expertise on the region with the community.
- Emma McCreight (New Orleans '08) organized a potluck for the New Orleans JVs.
- Sara Terhune (Milwaukee '03) created a city binder, organized donations for the new house and the move-in process for the JVs to welcome them to Kansas City.
Contact Kathleen Haser at email@example.com if you'd like to get involved with JVC as an FJV.