Read through your JVC Placement Offer and answer the following questions. Consider making marks/notes/comments/images directly on the Placement Offer. This is a document to own and reflect on throughout your time with JVC.
Questions to ask yourself include:
1. What were my initial reactions to the JVC Placement Offer when I first read it? What is my reaction to it after reading through several times and/or sitting with it for a bit? Has anything changed?
2. What aspect(s) of the JVC Placement Offer is/are particularly exciting?
3. What aspect(s) of the JVC Placement Offer is/are particularly challenging?
4. How do I hope a commitment to the Placement Offer will help me grow?
5. What values in the JVC Placement Offer do I feel I understand the most? The least?
6. What expectations do I have regarding how the values will be lived out?
7. What questions do I have about the JVC Placement Offer? What questions do I need answers to for my discernment? What would I like to ask JVC staff? a former Jesuit Volunteer? What questions don’t actually need answers (right now)?
We encourage you to spend time in your discernment of next steps considering:
-Am I able to commit to the JVC Placement Offer as it is stated?
-To what aspects of the opportunity am I most attracted? Am I willing to engage openly with the other aspects?
-What are my reasons for being ’here’ today? Do these reasons match with a call to commit enthusiastically to this Placement Offer?